- Return Policy
Store Return and Exchange Policies
We at CuttingBoard.com want you to be absolutely happy with your purchase. As such, we offer returns on all new and unused items within 35 days of purchase.
To offset the our cost of shipping, we charge a 18% flat restocking fee. Please note that it will be the responsibility of the buyer to pay for return shipping.
To initiate a return, please email us at email@example.com for an return authorization number (RMA) and further instructions.
Returnable / Refundable Products
- New products still in original packaging
- Damaged products while shipping
- Incorrectly shipped items
Non-Returnable / Non-Refundable Products
- Used products
- Gift Cards
- Custom orders
- International Orders
- Engraved products or engraving services
- Products with no verifiable proof of purchase
- Boards that have gone through the dishwasher (we will know)
Please note that CuttingBoard.com may assist in warranty claims with vendors, but that we do not process warranties ourselves. In the event that your product is defective or damaged (other than via shipping), we will work with you to resolve your issue via a warranty via the vendor when applicable. Be aware that modification to a product (including engraving) will void most warranties.
Due to the nature of the sale, any custom, engraving or personalized order is non-refundable once paid for.
Damaged or Incorrect Orders
If your items(s) have been damaged during shipping, are defective or there are missing or incorrect items, you must notify us immediately within 7 days of receiving the item(s) so that we may correct the issue. If we are not notified within 7 days, we reserve the right to refuse any damage or missing item claims after this period, as it becomes much harder for us to process shipping claims with the delay.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and a description of the problem. If your items are damaged, please include photographs if possible to assist us. We will then issue a RMA number and a return shipping label for you to send back your order. Upon receiving the return, we will send out a replacement product for you.
We are unable to process replacements without an RMA first. Again, please notify us as soon as possible, as our window for filing an insurance claim is limited to 10 days. If we are notified of damaged or missing goods after 7 days, we will be unable to refund or replace your items.
All Other Returns
1) Review our return policy checklist above to ensure your order qualifies.
2) Email us at email@example.com to request an RMA.
3) Put your order back into its original packaging and in the shipping container and include a copy of the your receipt, along with your RMA number.
4) Ship the package back to the specific address provided by our support staff.
Please note that CuttingBoard.com will not be responsible for return shipping costs or lost shipments, so we highly advise you to use a shipping carrier with tracking and/or delivery insurance, especially with higher value items.
5) Once we have received the return, we will notify you by email and begin processing the return. It should take 3 to 5 business days to process and refunds will be put back onto the original payment method. A restocking fee of 18% will be assessed to cover our cost of shipping. Please note that shipping fees that were paid as part of the order are not refundable.
Your refund should show up on your billing statement within 1 to 2 cycles.
Returns sent in without prior RMA approval and not in brand new condition will not be refunded and/or disposed. New boards within the 35 day return period will be assessed a 18% restocking fee for the added time to research and process the return.
Why Restocking Fees?
As a retailer of cutting boards, shipping is a major cost of doing business for us. After all, we're sending big hunks of wood in the mail! We take time to pack our boxes extra well (bubble wrap, foam corners, wadded paper and special 200lb rated boxes).
On average, it costs us $25 to ship a $100 cutting board. Even for a $40 board, we take the same level of care and our shipping cost can still be $20 on that $40 board.
For this reason, we are forced to charge a restocking fee to cover the cost of shipping. We don't like this any more than you, but our restocking fees are already subsidized below the actual cost, so that we help share in the cost of returns.
If your cutting board is simply too big or you don't like the look of it for any reason, we do offer exchanges to make sure you're happy. Our exchange process is fairly simple: we issue you a return label and you will be given store credit for the amount of your purchase, minus the return shipping cost. We do not charge a restocking fee on returns, so we share in the cost of shipping.
To arrange an exchange:
1) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you would like to return your item for store credit.
2) We will send a return label to you so that you can return your order
3) Once we receive your order, we will credit you with the value of your items purchased, minus return shipping fees. Note that any shipping charges paid originally will not be credited.