You will love this 17-3/4" x 13-1/2" x 1-5/8" Larch Wood Carver's Board for years to come for its functionality and beauty. Featuring a groove juice groove, use this carver’s board to prepare succulent turkeys and roasts or simply as an attention getting serving board!
All Larch Wood boards feature superior end-grain construction, which ensure that the the blade edge only comes in contact against the grain instead of across the grain. This makes for a more durable board, minimizes knife scarring and prolongs the sharpness of your knives. In addition, each board is individually grain matched to showcase the bold concentric larch rings and the amazing colors of the wood. As a result, each Larch Wood board is unique and no two boards are alike.
Eastern Larch, also called tamarack, has been used for centuries by native Indians, who prized the wood for its many uses. Tamarack is often used today in ship building and outdoor applications, due to its natural resistance to rot, water and bacteria. Based in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Larch Wood is the only company that produces cutting boards made from Eastern Larch. They use a specialized two-week kiln drying process that enhances the durability of their boards and also to protect against warping. CuttingBoard.com stores all of its boards in climate controlled warehouses as well, as preventitive protection.
- Hand made in Cape Breton, Canada using Eastern Canadian Larch
- Juice groove to assist with meat preparation and serving
- Naturally healing end-grain construction
- Rubber feet add stability, grip and prevent water from collecting under the board
- Sustainably harvested FSC wood
- Boards will all vary from shown pictures due to nature of individual construction
- 8.20 LBS
- Made In:
- Eastern Larch
- Wood Type:
- 1.63 Inches